2010年1月1日星期五

2010

After spending more than 120 days in a place that I don't quite belong to, I found myself experiencing the last moments of my stay in the land of Uncle Sam typing up one last blog entry in JFK airport, a couple of hours before the clock of 2010 starts ticking. As 2009 is winding up soon, I really want to say something about it, as I have always wanted to grab hold of things that I will ultimately lose grip on, most preferably by spilling some words from my deeper self, as I don't see any other more comfortable way to lock up my memories in a certain particularly meaningful time frame than letting my ideas flowing around on the keyboard.

I've had the single most amusing year of my entire life in 2009. I picked "amusing" because it can mean something that can go both ways. I've had some really joyful moments. The rest were either something painful or so painful that I couldn't even recall how that actually happened. Well these memories weren't exactly a result of any individual event, instead it's a mixture of a whole lot of stuff that have filled my year with different sentiments. It's nothing less than a roller-coaster year. I got something and I lost some. I got something more and I paid for that. Then I paid some more. I do not have the intention to dig deep into all these pains and gains. I guess what I've extracted from these, and the calibers of the person that I've wanted to be, would more qualify to appear on my blog. Here are some.

1. A man who loves not his family is not a man
2. Be genuine
3. Be humorous
4. Know your little evil self, and let it go out of you sometimes, in a controlled way. That makes you look more human and attractive
5. It's ok to stir up a fight, provided you have a strong reason. The thing is, don't leave any mess behind, make up for your relationship with the one you just fought.
6. Guys, being a geek IS A SIN. You offend god's will by not allowing human reproduction because geekiness drives away any possible mate. Ok, I know it's a cheap joke but yea, get out of the geekhole ASAP
7. Go get the person you want, since you're not gonna lose anything anyway
8. Run 7. in your head for one more time
9. Look smart. Dress smart
10. Work out on a regular basis. You have no idea how painful it was when I first stepped into the gym of UM. I thought I was big
11. Be responsible to your health. Prepare your own meal
12. Don't make yourself too stressed. Be responsible to your mental health
13. Any singing performance in your bathtub would not be judged so, sing LOUD
14. Get back to your comfort zone from time to time. After all THAT is what you're supposed to be in
15. Evaluate. Don't regret
16. Value your friends
17. Show more love
18. Treasure everything that you've fought for
19. You are not alone
20. John Wagon is not gonna retire his pen too soon

That's it. Goodbye my amusing 2009 and I know 2010 is gonna be awesome. A very happy new year to you all.

Ah 19 hours of flight... What should I do?

31-12-2009 7:53pm
John Wagon, New York
Let's embrace 2010!

沒有留言: